JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 62

Miami FC Blanks Crystal Palace Baltimore to Earn Important Road Victory

Miami FC dominated Crystal Palace Baltimore for the better part of 90 minutes in a scorching, midday showdown and defeated them on the road with a critical 1-0 victory. The victory gives Daryl Shore his first win as head coach of the Blues and getting the team's August schedule started on a positive note.

"It was a great effort by the guys on a hot day when it was difficult to concentrate," Shore said of the team's performance. "The team got what they deserved today with a much needed win."

The team will look to build off this victory in another tough road match against the Puerto Rico Islanders on Aug. 7 before returning home to face off against the FC Tampa Bay Rowdies on Aug. 14.

The Blues came out aggressive, looking to score early and often against Baltimore and created a number of scoring chances in the first half of play.

After Crystal Palace Baltimore failed to clear the ball after a shot by Christian Gomez in the 7thminute, another shot was taken from inside the box but was deflected over the bar and on the ensuing corner kick an attempted header went wide of the net.

In the 32nd minute, Paulo Jr. tried to blast his eighth goal of the season after taking a blazing shot from a tight angle that went into the side netting of the goal.

Just four minutes later, Abe Thompson appeared to put Miami FC ahead when he bounced the ball off his chest inside the box and into the back of the net, but the linesman called the play offside to keep the score tied.

Brian Shriver then picked up an opportunity in the 38th minute when he received a nice through ball, but his shot sailed high and wide of the net.

As the opening 45 minutes of play came to a close, the game remained scoreless despite a number of quality opportunities for Miami FC.

After both teams came out on a strong note, the Blues created a dangerous chance when Gomez beat a defender near midfield and had space to run and delivered a beautiful pass to Mike Randolph on the left flank and delivered a shot that made it past Baltimore goalkeeper Evan Bush but trickled just wide of the far post in the 51st minute.

Thompson then almost broke the stalemate in the 61st when he knocked Zack Flores off the ball deep in Baltimore territory and had a clear path to the net, but after a heavy touch Bush came out from the net and smothered the ball before Thompson could get a shot off.

The Blues finally delivered in the 70th minute when Euzebio Neto delivered a long cross from the right side into the box to Shriver, who knocked a header into the back on the net to give Miami FC a 1-0 lead with 20 minutes left to play.

For the remainder of the match, Miami FC played staunch defense and limited the Baltimore attack, giving Caleb Patterson his fourth shutout of the season and giving the Blues their first road win of the season.