* 2 quarts water
* 1 lb. chicken breast, washed and cleaned with vinegar and lime
* 9 ounces white vermicelli.
* 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
* 2 Irish potatoes diced into bite-sized pieces.
* 2 dry bay leaves.
* 1 whole chile pepper or scotch bonnet
* 1 ounce of Laos Powder
* 9 ounces bean sprouts
* .07 ounce black or white pepper
* 1 onion, chopped
* 3 grain pimento seeds
* 4 eggs
* 1 fresh or dry lemon grass leaf
* Six callaloo or spinach leaves chopped
* 0.35 oz. ketchup and soy sauce.
* 4 chicken bouillon cubes.
* Vegetable or corn oil
Start with boiling the water. Add the cleaned whole chicken breast, Laos Powder, pimento, black or white pepper, chopped garlic, chopped onion, bay leaf, lemon grass, pepper and chicken bouillon cube. Add additional salt if needed.
Boil for about 30 minutes or until the chicken breast is tender. Remove from mixture and set aside to shred. Cook the eggs hard boiled in a separate pot and keep them whole. Cut the white vermicelli in pieces of four inches. Chop the callaloo and spinach and bean sprouts and add to the pot.
Fry the rest of the sliced onion and garlic in a separate pan with oil until they are brown and set aside. Add the potatoes and the white vermicelli and fry as well.
Place the chicken breast in the same oil and when this is light brown, take it out and also set aside. Add the potatoes and white vermicelli to into a big soup bowl. Then add the bean sprouts, the shredded and fried chicken breast, the mixed fried onion and garlic and the spinach/callaloo.
Place the cooked eggs on top. Scoop the boiling liquid into the bowls. You can also add a touch of soy sauce or ketchup into the bowl.