One of my favorites is coconut pumpkin rice. Here is the recipe:
- 1 lb. white rice
- ¾ lb. dry pumpkin (cooked and crushed)
- 3 cups fresh coconut milk
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks scallion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a heavy pot, sauté the onions, scallion and garlic.
Add coconut milk. Add cooked pumpkin. Stir well.
Bring ingredients to a boil and oil for 10 minutes. Add the rice. Combine all ingredients in a pot.
The water must be just about an inch above the rice. Cover and cook rice mixture over low heat and allow it to steam.
Monitor the cooking of the mixture often. Steam until all the rice is tender.
Serve with cooked stew fish, stew chicken or stew turkey or beef.