3 1/2 lbs. Chicken
3 cups Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Olives
2 tbsp. Capers
3 lg Bay Leaf
1 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
6 sm-med Onions
12 cloves garlic
- In a bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, Mechado seasoning, and garlic powder to taste
- Rub the seasoning over the chicken, then cook the chicken in a large pot until brown.
- On medium heat, add in chicken broth and sherry cooking wine until simmering.
- Add in raisins, olives, capers, bay leaf and cloves of garlic and stir occasionally
- Stir in onions and cook until soft or to your texture. Serve hot.
- This can be served with traditional corn tortillas or yellow rice.
Recipe courtesy of: Eloisa Bradle