- 4 pounds cow heel/foot
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup Grace White Vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 10 whole pimento berries
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 3 stalks scallion, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Grace Vegetable Oil
- 10 cups beef stock
- 3 medium carrots cut diagonally
- 1 large green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans broad beans
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in two tablespoons of water
Wash cow foot in a mixture of four cups water and vinegar. Scald cow foot in four cups boiling water for five minutes then drain.
Season with garlic, onion, pimento, thyme, ginger, escallion and salt. Rub in the seasoning well. Add soy sauce, all purpose seasoning and black pepper. Marinate for an hour.
Heat pressure cooker and pour in vegetable oil. Add marinated cow foot and brown lightly, stirring constantly.
Add beef stock and fasten pressure cooker lid. Pressure cook for 20 minutes. Cool pressure cooker thoroughly before opening.
Add carrots, green peppers and scotch bonnet pepper. Stir lightly and allow vegetables to cook until tender. Add broad beans and cornstarch and allow to simmer for another five minutes.
Serve with white rice and tomato slices.