2 lbs. Flour
2 tsps. Salt
1/4 lb. Shortening
3 tsps. Yeast
1 tin coconut milk
1 tbsp. Sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1. Wash hands
2. Place yeast in a bowl with warm water and 1 tsp. Sugar. Stir a little and let stand, covered, to rise.
3. Place flour in a large bowl or on a flat surface. Add sugar, yeast, and salt.
4. Mix well, gradually adding coconut cream to a good consistency for handling.
5. Knead for 10 to 15 minutes
6. Place in a greased bowl, cover with a towel and leave to rise until double in size.
7. Knead again for 5-10 mins.
8. Cut in desired size, shape, flatten a little
9. Place on greased baking sheet, cover and let rise again.
Bake until brown at 350 degrees F