These tasty bites are so popular that they will be the first to be finished/disappear at any function. They are usually served as appetizers, but they can be served as breakfast food. When they are served as breakfast food, they are usually served with hard-dough bread slices and eaten as a sandwich.
Cooking Codfish fritters/balls are easy, but it’s important to include all the listed ingredients because it must “taste good.” It must have a little heat and have you wanting for more; or inn Caribbean Cuisine parlance: it must be ‘More-ish.’ Today I will share with you my recipe for Codfish Codfish Fritters.
- 8 oz cooked flaked Cod Fish
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup minced scallion
- 1 tsp minced Scotch Bonnet pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 to 2 cups cold water
- 4 cups of coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Sift flour, baking powder, and black pepper into a large bowl.
- Add minced scallion, pepper onions and flaked cod salt.
- Pour in enough water and stir until everything is blended into a batter but not too watery.
- Heat oil in a large heavy Dutch pot over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, drop rounded spoonfuls of batter into the skillet.
- Fry on each side until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
News Americas Media: http://www.newsamericasnow.com/