- 1/2 pound counter flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet pepper, diced
- 1 cup Grace Ackee, drained and crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Grace Vegetable Oil
In a large bowl sift together flour, salt and white pepper.
Add onions, diced sweet peppers, crushed ackees and pepper sauce. Mix well.
Add beaten egg and gradually add just enough milk to make a batter that drops easily from a spoon.
In a large skillet heat vegetable oil. Drop batter using a tablespoon. Fry for five minutes, turning on both sides until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
Preparation time 15 minutes. Cooking time 20 minutes. Serves six.