A balance ensures that you will get your daily intake of fiber, which is essential for digestion, the removal of waste and toxins from the body and provides you with the necessary minerals and vitamins for a healthy body. To help achieve this I will suggest we start what I want to call a ‘Veg-It-Up’ cooking habit when we do your meal planning through to meal preparation. So today for the start of our Veg-It-Up cooking, we are going to plan a meal and “veg it up “.
- Rice and Peas
- Stewed Turkey
- Steamed cabbage, carrots and okra medley
- The trick to creating the steam vegetable medley is to steam all your vegetables in one pot.
- Steam them together by stacking your hard vegetables at the bottom of the pot and then place the softer vegetables at the top.
- Add salt, butter, pepper flakes, garlic, onions etc.
- Steam until tender.
- Cook enough of the vegetable medley to last for two or three days , especially if you have a busy lifestyle.
- Other vegetable medleys I like are cauliflower, Celery and carrots; Choyote , red, green, yellow sweet peppers and carrots; Calaloo, eggplant, okra; Tomatoes, zucchini, cabbage and Pak Choy, cabbage and spinach.
Bon Appetite and Veg-It-Up!
News Americas Media: http://www.newsamericasnow.com/