You've probably heard some of the health tips they have to offer:
- cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing and encourage those around you to do the same;
- wash your hands often with soap and water; and get a flu shot.
- But Ms. Duke and Dr. Kessler have one health tip you may not have heard: go online to conduct your Social Security business.
If you need service from Social Security, you don't have to visit an office. Many of our services are available online at www.socialsecurity.gov and by phone at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
For example, you can visit www.socialsecurity.gov to:
- Apply for benefits;
- Use the Retirement Estimator to get a personalized estimate of your retirement benefits;
- Get answers to frequently asked questions; and
- Get a replacement Medicare card.
So do your part to stop the spread of the flu. Go online to www.socialsecurity.gov where you can view the new public service announcement yourself. While on the website, you also can check out the online services for yourself by visiting â€œWhat You Can Do Online (on the left side of the page).
So take some precautions this flu season. Go online to www.socialsecurity.gov. It's just what the doctor and Patty Duke ordered.