We are constantly expanding our online services to give you freedom and control in how you wish to conduct business with us. Our online services help you plan for the future and keep you in control of your benefits. You can go online to:
- Find out if you qualify for benefits;
- Use our benefit plannersto help you better understand your Social Security protection;
- Estimate your future retirement benefits to help you plan for your financial future;
- Apply for retirement or Medicare quickly and easily; and
- Open your personal my Social Security account. It is a powerful tool to help you stay in control of your Social Security record. If you don’t receive benefits yet, you can:
- Get your Social Security Statement to review your earnings and make sure they’re recorded correctly;
- Get a benefit verification letter to prove you don’t receive Social Security benefits or that you applied but haven’t received an answer yet;
- Request a replacement Social Security card if you meet certain requirements; and
- Check the status of your application or appeal a decision.
If you receive benefits, you can:
- Change your address and phone number;
- Get a benefit verification letter to prove you receive Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Medicare;
- Change your direct deposit information at any time;
- Request a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement Benefit Statement (SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S) for tax purposes.
Kick your feet up and grab your laptop or even your cellphone. You can access our online services page and do much of your business with us when you’re on the go at www.socialsecurity.gov/onlineservices.
Remember, you can easily share our webpages and resources by copying the link and messaging a family member or friend. Now, go enjoy that vacation or start planning your next one knowing that, at Social Security, we’re securing your today and tomorrow.