Most people who do business with us online use our my Social Security portal, where, if you currently receive benefits you can:
- Request a replacement Social Security card if you meet certain requirements;
- Get your benefit verification letter;
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record;
- Change your address and phone number;
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment;
- Request a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
If you currently don’t receive benefits, you can request a replacement Social Security card if you meet certain requirements, check the status of your application or appeal, as well as access a number of other useful resources. Since my Social Security became available in May 2012, more than 30 million people have created and use my Social Security accounts.
We’re committed to using the best technologies and standards available to protect our customers’ data. This new security advancement is just one of the ways we’re ensuring the safety of the resources entrusted to us.
The my Social Security portal will also now automatically adjust to the size of the screen and kind of device you are using – such as a tablet, smart phone, or computer. No matter what type of device you choose, you will have full, easy-to-use access to your personal my Social Security account at www.socialsecurity.gov/ myaccount/.
Our new my Social Security design puts you in control — whether you’re using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.